Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shopping on 5th Ave

Yesterday, my mother, sister, and I decided to hit 5th Ave for a little light shopping. My best friend (well one of the many) is getting married in August and I am going to be a bridesmaid. And I still don't have a dress. I can not begin to tell you how hard it is to find a long dress that I like and doesn't cost a couple grand. In fact, last time my bridesmaid duties came about I was forced to borrow a dress that was a tad too small and so I had to keep reminding myself to breathe. The day of our shopping trip happened to be the day of the gay pride parade and so I had the privilege of witnessing quite a few men in shorty shorts and rainbow colored suspenders as well as a trio of men in huge brightly colored wigs and platform boots dressed as the like of Candyland, a strawberry, and berries respectively.
 First stop was Saks which is currently having a massive sale. Companies that regularly are beyond expensive are now relatively quite affordable. And so, two new, short, dresses made their way into my wardrobe. Next stop was Bergdorfs. It is just a few blocks away which is usually not a bad walk but in this heat it was.. well.. sticky. The scenery from the higher floors from Bergdorfs is breathtaking. You can see the park in all of its glory. Yet again, we came away with another short dress, but not a single long one. Oh well, I guess that just means more shopping in my future! As shopping works up a nice appetite  we headed off to Cafe K where we got gnocchi, fries, and yogurt. I got my gnocchi in a cream and mushroom sauce. I really am obsessed with how well the earthy, incomparable taste of mushrooms blends so nicely with the hot creamy taste of cream sauce. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment