Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Boardwalk down by Coney Island

Back in elementary school, going to Astroland and the beach was a last day of school tradition, but I have not returned to the boardwalk since- until today. The surroundings were surprisingly familiar and it brought back a wave of nostalgia for those carefree days. The beach was not as visually arresting as those of Miami and California, which I more often frequent, but the mood was more serene. The beach was filled with people sunbathing and playing ball; the boardwalk was littered with people sitting on the benches or walking their dogs, but it was very quiet. It seemed as though the casual conversation I had going with my sister and mother was disrupting the peace. Overall it was a nice experience and I mentally made plans to soon return. The only drawback? Way too many old men strolling down the walkway sans shirts, exposing their unattractive beer bellies to the public. 

3 comments:

  1. too funny Sari! totally get what you're saying...but next time invite me to come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you say the word- we'll go (just not between the hours of 11 and 1- college)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my schedule is a wee bit crazy, but we'lll make it happen.

    ReplyDelete