Monday, June 28, 2010

Bell Harbor

Bell Harbor is one of the prettiest neighborhoods I have ever been too in New York City. It is a small neighborhood at the side of the beach. My Grandparents had lived there when I was little, and I have a lot of fond memories of holding my grandfather's hand in one of my hands and my father's in the other as they swung me above the water. So when my friend invited me to sit at the beach and relax, I readily agreed. In 94 degree weather the sand was so hot that it burned my feet like hot coals. It was a big relief to finally get off the sand and on to the beach towel. It was pleasant to sit and chat while we looked out onto the waves and the little children frolicking around and jumping the waves. However, after an hour in the extreme heat, the sweat was no longer fun. And so, sand clinging to our legs, we made our way back to the air conditioned car.

No comments:

Post a Comment