Sunday, July 11, 2010

Memorial Sloan Kettering

Yes, I know; a hospital is not usually found on a list of "must visit" places. But, as a spur of the moment thing, my friend invited me and my sister to accompany her as she went to donate blood. Donating blood was something I had often thought of doing but I was anemic for a time, am a bit squeamish at the sight of blood and wasn't sure I would meet the weight requirement (you have to be at least 110 pounds and I am on the skinny side). My weight and iron levels checked out and so I decided to overcome my fear and go through with the process. And I am glad I did. The whole thing only took several minutes and it really didn't hurt- and I was left with a really good feeling- its not every day I have an opportunity to give back to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment